The first challenge of 2018 is to Upcycle or Use Anything Old!
I did a Crafty Christmas Card Challenge with some card makers from Live, Love, Cards Card Exchange Group. I received a beautifully made card from Carole Thomas from Alberta, Canada and it was too pretty just to throw away so I decided I would recycle it. I am showing her original card first, then my upcycled version.
To make my card, using a circle die, I die cut out the medallion from the center of the card. I also used IO – Pine Branch Die to cut out 2 different coloured card stock and doubled them up for some dimension to my branch. I used an Ornament die so I so I could turn the medallion into a Christmas Ornament hanging from a branch. The sentiment is from Papertry Ink. The final touch was to add a few gems.
Craftyhazelnut’s Christmas Challenge posts a new challenge EVERY Saturday.
Please join us!
For this week’s challenge, I decided to try out a couple of dies I have. I started by embossing the background with one of my stash folders. Next I die cut a trellis (by Impression Obsessions) out in black and a garden trellis (by Poppy Stamps)out in white. I liked the different effects of each so I decided on making 2 cards vs one. Next I made 4 purple cone-flowers/stem and leaves made with Elizabeth Craft designs. The sentiment is by Penny Black. I added ribbon and pre-made kraft butterflies from my stash
Please check out the great designs at this week’s sponsor’s website. Please support our sponsor who generously provide our weekly and monthly prizes – Dr. Digi
It is that popular wedding season again. We are challenging you to make a wedding card(s) this month. I actually made two different cards, pus a thank you card for the minister.
Card 1 – I used a digi stamp by A Day for Daisies called, “Wedding Veil.” I started by colouring the images with my Copics. It is really hard to notice, but I added some clear Wink of Stella to the Veil. I cut it out into an oval using my oval dies from MFT. I also cut a large Flourish using another die by MFT. I used a very pretty printed vellum as my background and layered the image and flourish. For the finally touch I added some gemstones.
For Card 2: I used a fun digi from Tiddley Inks called, “You and Me.” I decided to stay fairly neutral so I gray tones with skin and hair colours only. I cut thr image and background oval using my oval dies from MFT. Again I layered coloured vellum over a printed card stock. I used 4 gems to hid to glue dots I used to secure the corners.
Card 3: I made to be given to the minister after the ceremony. I included a small envelop and a slot to hold it inside the card for the donation to the church. For this card I relied on the beauty of the card stock. I cut it to suit the 5×7 card format, mini envelop, slot, and card envelop. The Thank you die is from IO.
Please join us!
For our current challenge, the Design Team decided on a musical theme. For my card, I automatically thought of Christmas Carols. I started with card stock with a collage of song sheets. I added a little distress ink – Tea Dye and Vintage Photo. Next I found this adorable stamp by Heather Ellis. Heather designs for MFT, releasing a new Pure Innocence stamp every month, but this stamp is now retired. Good news though – you can however still get it in a digi stamp format at Heather’s Etsy site at https://www.etsy.com/shop/digistampcharacters . I coloured the little Caroler using my Copics markers, fussy cut him out, then layered him on the card base on top of a small stitched circle (MFT die) . The die cut sentiment is from Impression Obsession.
Please join us!
This week’s challenge is to design a card based on our inspirational photo.
I used Impression Obsession - Bird Collage 4 and My Favorite Things (MFT) – Sheet Music Background stamp. I started by stamping the bird collage stamp with Versamark Onyx Black. I also stamped it on a piece of blank paper that I cut out and used as a mask, Once masked, I sponged the background with Distress Ink -Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, and Walnut Stain. With mask still in place, I stamped the card stock with the MFT background stamp (walnut stain). Next I removed the masked and coloured the flowers and leaves with Distress Markers. I made two different stamps, one utilizing the Sheet Music Background stamp, and one with double oval die cuts. I added pearls for that little extra to one card.
Please join us! Please support our wonderful sponsors who generously provide us with our fabulous prizes.