Thank you for visiting my website/blog. I created the site as a way I could share my passion for card making, photography, travel, and my funny little dog.
Since I retired, people keep asking me what I have been up to. Well you asked for it. I have a blog on the Joy of Card Making, My Travel Adventures, My Photography, My current favorite cards, and Let Sleeping Dogs Lay-a journal by my little dog and his sleeping habits! I hope you enjoy.
Name: Myrna Sweet
Location: Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Introduction: When I retired, people ask me what I am doing, where have I been, am I still doing photography, so I decided it would just be easier to post my interests.
Interests: Paper crafting, photography, reading, travel
Favourite Films: Picking a favorite movie is hard, because it depends on my mood. I love Shawshank Redemption, Working Girl, All John Hughes Movies, Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman just to name a few. I love most of Clint Eastwood’s films, Star Wars and Star Trek, and of course the classic, Gone with the Wind
Favourite Music: I went to high school during the 70′s so I still love Classic Rock. I like most music, but really don’t care for rap/hip-hop with the exception of Pitbull
Favourite Books: I love Judith McNaught, Linda Howard, Suzanne Brockmann, Julie Garwood, Beatrice Small, and many other romance writers.
Volunteer Work: I am currently making cards for the Belmont Long Term Care Facilities. I thought it would be a great way to pay it forward for the great care they took of my mother during her stay there.
Find me on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/sweetartdesigns
Find me on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/ilovemyfujidog/
Find me on Splitcoaster Stamper’s website at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=321881
Find me on Blogger at SweetArtDesign.blogspot.ca at http://sweetartdesign.blogspot.ca/ This site is only updated monthly with my favorite cards of the month. For full details, you will find everything here!
My new watermark was designed by Kylie Purtell
Design Teams I belong to:
I joined the Simple Create Too Design Team in the fall in 2014. This challenge blog inspire you with a variety of challenge subjects.
I joined the Design Team at CRAFT challenge in November 2014. I look forward to working with their talented team with weekly card inspirations!
I was a Guest Designer at Fairy Tale Stampers from August 17, 2014 until December 31, 2014.
I was asked to Guest Design at the Butterfly Challenge for January 14, 2015
I was asked to Guest Design at Cardz 4 Guys for the month of January 2015
I was asked to be a Guest Designer at Crafting By Designs for their February 18th, 2015 challenge.
I was a Design Team member at Glory of Christmas. I joined the team in July 2014 and enjoy making Christmas Cards with a great group of talented card makers! Unfortunately this challenge closed in September 2016.
All website/blog content are copyright of Myrna Sweet. Content of this site are shared for personal use and inspiration only. While I love sharing, please be respectful and acknowledge my work.
Blogs I follow:
I get inspiration from a number of places. In card making there are some outstanding websites/blogs that I particularly follow because of the talented artists. I listed them below:
- Sandy Allnock Sandy’s website offers many tutorials and inspiration. She is my favorite blogger, and her posts are absolutely wonderful. While Sandy is extremely talented, her humor is what makes her blog and videos so appealing. She offers fabulous online lessons at a very reasonable price and shares all kinds of tips from what to buy, how to do it, and her thoughts that will brighten your day. Check her out at http://sandyallnock.com/
- Prairie Paper & Ink Amy is a very creative card designer. She posts numerous times a week and never disappoints. Her bio states “Stamping away in the middle of nowhere…” as she is a small town Canadian girl. Check her out and I am sure you will agree she is very talented.
- Kristina Werner’s Blog Kristina is a master of card making and posts three weekly Youtube videos. She is extremely talented and the queen of video tutorials. http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/
- Jennifer McGuire Ink Jennifer is another master of card making. She posts at least one tutorial a week and they are all excellent. She works hand in hand with Kristina and they also offer online card classes that are outstanding. http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/
- Online Card Classes If you want to learn about card making techniques, I strongly recommend taking classes here. Kristina and Jennifer, along with many other talented artists share their techniques with you. http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/
- Amazing Paper Grace Becca Feeken is the Queen of the fancy layered card. What this woman can do with die cuts is amazing. If you want to see beautiful cards, her website is a Must See! http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/
- Darlene DeVries Darlene does special teaching videos and more each week. Her site is by subscription only, but well worth the price! I find myself waiting for her emails to let us know she posted a new project. http://livelovecards.com/
- Split Coast Stampers For inspiration, how to’s, challenges, etc, Split Coaster Stampers is the go to site. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/
- My Favorite Things MFT is a papercrafter manufacturer. Their blog offers inspirational tutorials, challenges, sketches, etc. http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/
- Simon Says Stamps Blog Simon Says.com offers an online store, but their blog features many card artists like Sheri Carrole and Kristina Werner. They show how to use their own products (stamps, stencils, dies) as well as the product lines they carry. I, personally, have a subscription to their card kit of the month club. http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/
- Heather Telford – Bits and Pieces. Heather is an extremely talented cardmaker and a member of the Penny Black Design team. Her blog is full of inspiration, tutorials, and tips. She also runs wonderful card classes in Ottawa, Canada
- Papertrey Ink Blog Papertrey Ink (PI) only offers their products online from their own store. They are outstanding products. Their blog offers a Make it Monday video tutorial each week, plus inspiration us with their challenges, blog hops, and talented design team. http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/
- Pias Papir og Perler Pia is a very talented card maker. Her blog is loaded with inspiration.
- Paper Playful A great site that updates daily to keep you informed about card challenges and winner.
Where I buy my products:
Being in Canada, I don’t have access to as many suppliers/products as you would in the US.
I love Scrappin’ Great Deals (outside of London, ON). Sheila and her Crafting Divas are wonderful to deal with. She has a full online store and will do special orders. I have been to her store and taken a number of workshops and classes. SGD is my main craft supplier.
I also order from Crop a While (Ottawa area). Tom and Carole carry a large variety of those hard to find products from all over the world. While they do not have an online store, they will special order for you and charge you minimal shipping.
I love My Favorite Things MFT from the US. They introduce new stamps/dies/stencils every month. If you order $60 US, you also get a free stamp/die, and they have special discounts for the more you order. If ordering to Canada, I recommend you select USPS for delivery method. If you use Fed EX there are always extra charges.
The company I order mainly from is Simon Says Stamps. They are, without a doubt, the largest online paper crafting supplier anywhere. They charge $7.99 shipping to Canada. When you take a class from Online Card Classes, they normally have a discount coupon allowing 10% off your entire purchase. This is my to go product supplier in the US.
I cannot be responsible for contents of other websites I may refer to. Any mistakes I have made, or an artist I failed to mention are completely my own, and I apologize in advance. Please feel free to let me know and I will try to correct it.